Monday, October 19, 2015

Suffragette




Last week, I got to see an early screening of the new movie, Suffragette. It was enlightening, powerful, and moving. I had no clue that the fight for the right to vote stretched so far back or turned as violent as it did. Even more, watching women work tirelessly just to meet basic needs was a humbling reminder. Here is the trailer, if you'd like to see:




(I still get goosebumps watching it.) I took some girlfriends with me and we had a great time. It's a perfect movie for a girls night.

Will you see it?

2 comments:

  1. haven't been getting the chance to watch a lot of movies the past few years.. little kids and all.. but when we do finally get a chance for a movie night that isn't animated we try to stick to something light and fun to take the edge of everyday life.. but i saw the trailers and it looked interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally makes sense, Hena! Sometimes I need that too. This one is definitely worth seeing though. :)

      Delete

Talk to me. :)