Friday, June 5, 2009

in anticipation

Bonjour!
Like I said, it would probably be a while till I wrote anything again. Sure enough, here I am, finally writing again over a month later. Much has changed since April 27th:
- I got through finals quite well, actually. It was the least stressful…dare I say relaxing…finals period I’ve ever had. And I did well!
- One of my closest friends got married in Philadelphia the weekend immediately after finals. It was a wonderful, beautiful, and perfectly-spring wedding!
- My best friend also got married, two weeks after the wedding in Philly. It was a wonderful, beautiful, super fun, and exhausting weekend. (And I say that with all love and joy! Really!) My duties were slightly more extensive as maid of honor, but everything went fabulously and I am grateful I got to be a part of everything.
- I had a ticket on hold to go to Cote d’Ivoire to work for HOPE worldwide for the summer and was working on getting all the appropriate shots and malaria pills, when I got an interview offer and then an internship offer at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington, DC.
- I am now leaving in two days to spend the summer in DC, interning at the WWC, doing work and research on US environmental policy.
I am so excited! I am so excited that I get to spend the summer in WASHINGTON, DC, that I’m working on US environmental policy and think that this internship will really be a great opportunity to learn and meet people, and just that God answered my prayer. (I had been praying that whatever I did this summer would be, a) with other disciples of Christ, b) great for my resume/career, and c) either paid or in Africa. It is so cool and encouraging to me that what became my final two options were all of those. I don’t mean to sound dramatic, but it is the first time in a while that I feel like God answered my prayers the way I wanted and my life is moving in a direction that I can be encouraged and faithful about. I don’t think God has to do either of those (answer my prayers the way I want or let my life unfold in the way I plan), nor do I always expect it. So I think I’ve become more grateful for the times where I feel like he does do those things. It makes me happy.

There were a couple of other things I had thoughts on, but I have to pack (yay!), so they’ll have to wait.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)