Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's going to be a great, big adventure!









I am so excited to share with you all that hubby, Rolo, and I are moving back (well, back for me) to the US! We are thrilled to be calling Miami, Florida our future home.

The decision has been made for a while, but for various reasons, I could only share it now. We leave mid-June...our exact date is 40-something days away (holy cow)...so we're busy trying to sell the majority of our things, pack, and take in every last minute of living in South Africa.

There are a handful of reasons for the decision, of which I'm sure I will elaborate on as time goes on, but the main reason is that we believe this is the best decision for us spiritually, both for the present time and for laying a foundation for our future. We love South Africa and it will always be a home for us. Making this move is so exciting, but also scary and crazy - we are selling almost everything, to have close to nothing when we get there. (The rand to the dollar is not in our favour at the moment.) So, we are making this move with lots of prayer, savings, and help from family and friends.

I find myself sometimes grappling for more time to take things in, but truly, we get more and more excited everyday. I will definitely share more thoughts on all of this as time goes on, but for now, I just want to share our joy because it is overflowing! :) As hubby said when the decision was made, "It's going to be a great, big adventure!" :)

xo,
Ellie

PS - Rolo is ecstatic. He doesn't even know what's coming.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! Good luck with all the details! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carolien! :) We are thrilled!

      Delete

Talk to me. :)