Monday, April 28, 2014

A weekend in Durban, KwaZulu Natal



The Easter weekend here in South Africa, is a four day weekend. Oh, it is lovely! So, the hubby and I road-tripped it down to Durban to visit some dear friends. It was such a relaxing and needed weekend! We stayed with some great friends, who actually hosted me when Gordon proposed to me. It was such a fun weekend catching up, walking on the beach, watching movies, and just being rejuvenated.








Aren't these beautiful?



Love him. :)



Relaxing in the garden.






Doesn't she have the most gorgeous hair?


I think one of the reasons I love Durban so much is because it reminds me of Miami (where I grew up), especially the buildings right along the beach. 







Horses on the beach!







Where we got engaged a few years ago. :)






We also ventured a bit farther south of Durban to Umhlanga Rocks (pronounced Um-shlanga). Hubby's grandma and little brother were staying at a hotel there for the week. It's amazing to me how just 30 minutes south, the beach can look so different.















Little brother-in-law.






Thanks Comrie family for such a wonderful weekend! We love and miss you guys!


Getting engaged. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)