Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kaptein!

I went to my first professional rugby game tonight! It was quite exciting. The Harveys, who continue to amaze me with their generosity and how they have just made me apart of their family, took me (and quite a few other people). We braai-ed before (tail-gating basically), sang (at least I attempted to sing) Afrikaans songs, and cheered on the Blue Bulls. It was a fabulous evening, and I have come to the completely sure decision, that rugby is far more dangerous and violent than American football. Watch a game.
The word in the title of this post, is the Afrikaans word for captain, and is the name of a song that was played over and over at the match. Despite its utterly silly lyrics (which Nicole was so kind as to translate for me), it is a very catchy and pop-y song...and I loved it! You should look it up and listen. :)

Internet is down at the moment, so I'm writing this on my phone; hence, the brevity and lack of pictures.

It's late, I'm tired. Till next time...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)