Monday, June 13, 2011

It's gonna explode...

Oh gosh. So, I am failing terribly at keeping this up. (I was doing so well too!) I'm going to keep trying, though! I think what I need to do is write my blog entries just in Word or something, so that I only have to be connected to the internet for a minute or two to post them. It's just hard to keep writing when I don't have unlimited, wireless internet. (Definitely one thing I miss about the States and have a newfound gratitude for.)

So, my brief up date for the day is this: 

On Sunday, a teen was baptized! His name is Michael Aguirre and he is in grade 10 (I'm pretty sure). His baptism was/is such an inspiration to the whole church, as he has grown up in the church and has been letting the scriptures change him over the past few months. It really has been amazing to see. (Here's a link to some pictures of Mike's baptism: glorious day)

After church, there was a lunch for all the teen disciples, which was also very encouraging. Even though I was a teenager not that long ago, it is so exciting and inspiring to see high school students decide to follow Christ and take a stand for him. And they/we have their whole life ahead of them to see how God will use them and bless them! 

There are quite a few teens studying the bible in the part of the Joburg Church that I am in, and I am convinced that the ministry is about to explode with baptisms. Pray. 



Joel 2:27-29

New International Version (NIV)

27 Then you will know that I am in Israel, 
   that I am the LORD your God, 
   and that there is no other; 
never again will my people be shamed.

The Day of the LORD
 28 “And afterward, 
   I will pour out my Spirit on all people. 
Your sons and daughters will prophesy, 
   your old men will dream dreams, 
   your young men will see visions. 
29 Even on my servants, both men and women, 
   I will pour out my Spirit in those days.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)