Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I drove on the left side!

I did it: I drove on the left side of the road. Every stick shift car is a little different (and perhaps the ones in South Africa are particularly difficult), but I had a really hard time getting the hang of this one. And the stick is on the left! I can't really describe in anymore, other than by saying it was unbelievably stressful! Praise the Lord that I had very patient and kind people helping me, and that I only stalled once on the road! :)

It does feel pretty good though to have done it. I will sleep well tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Well done driving today! U r brave but a fast learner. U did awesome (even though I prayed allot, joking). We are all grateful to have u in SA and particularly Jozi. Looking forward to get to know you! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi elizabeth,
    i'm a sister from pittsburgh and just wanted to say that it must be so exciting to get a chance to serve the church over there. I had tried about a year ago to go over to SA (port elizabeth specifically) but unfortunately it didn't work out. I'm glad to see that someone else is getting the opportunity though! Hope you enjoy every second of it

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. :)