Saturday, April 23, 2011

Two things I have heard

I think I mentioned before, but we are on another week long holiday. (These South Africans and their holidays...) I'm currently house sitting for a family from church, which allows me to have unlimited internet access! Woo-hoo! :) But this long holiday also gives me lots of time to myself; a good and bad thing. These are the times when I'm aware that this is not home...I don't have a supply of friends where I can always call someone to hang out. I have, however, gotten to skype with a few more people than normal; and, I've had some really encouraging talk with friends here in South Africa recently, that make things here feel more and more like family. What I'm saying is that God amazes me. I look at the friendships I have all over the world, and I am humbled. I have such loyal, faithful, encouraging, and loving friends, and there is no rhyme or reason as to why I should have them. I have felt nothing but support and strength from them, and from my new friendships here. I am overwhelmed and grateful. These scriptures surely are true...

11 "One thing God has spoken, 
   two things I have heard: 
'Power belongs to you, God, 
 12 and with you, Lord, is unfailing love' "
                               - Ps. 62:11


5 "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
   is God in his holy dwelling.
6 God sets the lonely in families
"

                                               - Ps. 68: 5-6



29"Jesus said, 'Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, 30who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.' "
                                                                  -Mark 10:29-31



My BU family








My SA family


My UJ family. 

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)