Monday, February 6, 2012

Things are happening!

Hire me!
Top: Francesca's Collections. Jeans: The Limited (via TJ Maxx!). Shoes: Target

Ring: My own; a family heirloom.




While being home and back in the States was so wonderful, I did have a slight melt down about my future: I have no idea what's in it! When I say that out loud it sounds silly: no one ever knows what is in their future, duh! But I really had no idea. Did I want to live in South Africa another year? Did I want to stay in the States? I have no job!
No money (well, not a lot)! My boyfriend is from South Africa, I'm from America. That makes things complicated (oh I love references to "The Holiday"! Here's why.) 

But, it is now the sixth of February and I am in back in South Africa. After continuing my job search both here and in the States, I had an interview here! Someone wanted to talk to ME about a JOB! It is probably the most exciting thing that has happened in a long time. The interview went great and I am anxiously awaiting a proposal from the company and a start date. Hallelujah! I'm so thankful that God just works things out, especially when we don't know what we want or what to do.

More on the job soon, but I wanted to tell you all about that to encourage those of you out there who find yourself in a similar position. Yes, it feels like you will never find a job; that you will spend your entire life just looking for a job. But do not fear - you won't! Eventually, you will get a job. It WILL happen. :)

In the mean time, do things that continue to inspire you and excite you: like riding a scooter around South Beach. That's what I did. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)