Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Weekend & Badia-lime chicken

 Hi all,

For some reason, of all the past few Fridays, I am particularly feeling like I need this one and am so eagerly anticipating the weekend. I hope your weekend is fun, restful, and all around lovely.

As I mentioned last week, Friday is cleaning/maid day at our house, which means Thursday is cooking day (well, uninhibited cooking day...no worries about how many dishes I use and have to clean afterwards, because I don't). So I'd like to share with you one of my favorite and easiest meals! (It's not much of a recipe because I just improvise and make whatever size portions I want at the time.) Black beans are an extreme rarity here (and I used my last can on this meal - so sad!) - but the combination of black beans, lime, and rice takes me right back to my Miami, not-actually-Hispanic roots. And the little garden awning that my husband built for me, and twinkle lights, sure helps with the atmosphere.

Happy Weekend!

EF



Badia-Lime chicken with black beans and brown rice




Ingredients
Badia seasoning (If you don't own this, you need to. It is the all-purpose, amazing, go-to seasoning that will make your 15 minute meal taste like you spent all day slaving over the stove.)
One lime or 1/2 - 3/4 cup lime juice (I absolutely adore limes, but I couldn't find any here! So I had to settle for lime juice)
1 can black beans
As much chicken as you want
As much brown (or white - but brown is better) rice as you want

1. Heat frying pan on medium heat, with a light coating of oil.
2. Beginning cooking rice as normal.
3. Generously coat uncooked chicken in Badia seasoning. Sprinkle with lime juice. Place in frying pan once hot.
4. Place black beans in small pot and cook on low to medium heat. Once boiling, just keep covered pin the pot on the lowest heat.
5. Continue cooking chicken in pan until crispy, brown, and (obviously) cooked all the way through. Apply additional seasoning or lime juice as desired.
6. Once chicken is cooked and removed from pan, gently scrape the pan for the bit of seasoning that has cooked in the pan. This is great to put out for additional flavoring during the meal, either for the chicken, on salad, on veggies, or on garlic bread. (See it truly is the all-purpose seasoning!)
7. Serve with black beans and rice...salad and garlic bread are great additions too!
Enjoy!





The star of the show (well, and the lime juice too).


Our little stove top.

The fabulous kitchen tongs I found!











The remaining seasoning and lime juice from the pan - great for topping veggies, salads, etc!

2 comments:

  1. This looks sooooo... good i will be making this,thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. :)