Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Back from the land of the happy, adjusting, and unemployed


Ok, well I'm still all of those things (and still living by the beach :)...but I am back on the blog!

As many of you know, hubby and I moved back to the United States just over a month ago. (I can't believe it's been that long already!) It's been full of so many things: excitement, adjustment, food, job hunting, happiness, filling out lots of paperwork, queso, ice-cream, bike riding, swimming, more job hunting, more filling out lots of paperwork, and even more adjustment. Sometimes it feels like a holiday (vacation...I'm slowly getting American lingo back) and sometimes I don't know what to feel. And often, the emotions (and the need to find a job) are what make it difficult for me to keep up with Gumption.

But there have been so many blessings of being back here and I'm looking forward to sharing all sorts of new (and Miami specific, of course) things with you! If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen a lot of these already, but here are some snapshots of the blessings of life back in the summery, Northern Hemisphere.

Thanks for sticking around! It's good to be back. :)


"Braaing" (bbq-ing)...and with three bassets!



Little friends!



Sangria! Not that we didn't have that in South Africa, but a night out with the parents and sangria is really fun.



Lounging under palm trees and in the sun.



Wearing my lovely, African skirt. :)



More friends and the beach!



Three bassets under one roof! (A blessing and a curse?)






Being here with him. 


I have to add... This whole move is a far bigger deal and transition for hubby than for me. I basically have come home; he's moved continents. I'm so thankful that we was willing to do that and that we get to do all of this together. Certain things have been hard about the move for both of us, but he is and is doing amazing! Love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)