Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dinner: The Playbook - Baked Potato Bar



So, this week, I'm participating in the Dinner: The Playbook challenge. I'm cooking three new meals from Jenny Rosenstrach's upcoming cookbook, Dinner: The Playbook.




Last night was my first meal and I choose to do the baked potato bar. I have to be honest, I tend to look for the easiest meal (but really, what's wrong with that?) and this one looked pretty fail-proof. I put a whole bunch of potatoes in the the oven - even tried a couple sweet potatoes (they were delicious but I over cooked them) - got all the toppings together and voila! Dinner was done. 

Everyone loaded their baked potato with what they wanted. My husband, being the South African that he is, added all sorts of sauces to his; so I think he won the most colorful award. This meal was super easy, delicious, and nutritious. I loved that everyone could "customize" their potato how they wanted and the recipe gave me the chance to use things up in the fridge (hello 3/4 of a green pepper). I mostly appreciate having another simple recipe to add to my dinner repertoire. 










Up next: chicken parm meatballs!

PS - Sorry for the delay in this post and the lack of post so far, this week. If you didn't know, we just moved back to the U.S. from South Africa and are till getting settled. Thanks for understanding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)