Monday, June 23, 2014

Welcome to America!

Pre-travel photo. I wish I looked that good after 30 hours of flying.


Well, we're here!

Back in the U.S. of A! :) After 30-ish hours of traveling, we arrived in Miami this past Wednesday. Dog and all. We are adjusting (all three of us). It is so wonderful to be back home but still an adjustment. (I could barely handle choosing a shampoo at Target…too many choices and I couldn't figure out what was expensive and what was cheap…we'll get there.) And hello hot!? We have been so excited to be in summer but it is seriously HOT and humid. Yay for tans and flip-flops (and queso and salsa…I am in heaven)!

Here are just a few pictures of the craziness that ensued in the days before we left (not including me getting terribly ill with something close to pneumonia).










Rolo was so helpful.




As we're easing into life here (aka, getting cell phones asap) and I'm getting back into the blogging, I'll be participating in The Playbook Challenge with Dinner: A Love Story! I'm so excited! If you saw on my Instagram, I received an advanced copy of Jenny's new book, Dinner: The Playbook, coming out in August. I'll be cooking three meals this week from the book and sharing it here and everywhere! You can follow #DinnerPlaybook to see and hear about all the adventures. I hope you do. :)

From the sunny, hot, Northern Hemisphere,

Ellie

5 comments:

  1. 1) yay, crazy moving and settling in!

    2) thank you for introducing me to Dinner: A Love Story! I'm pinning from that site like mad now - I'll have to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great blog! Hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the US. Hope to see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! Hopefully we'll get down there again for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to see you guys soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. :)