Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MET Gala Favorites

SJP in Oscar de la Renta

Fashion hasn't been a major topic here at Gumption, but I would like it to become more prevalent. It's an area of life that I absolutely love and that I believe (no matter how silly it sounds) makes a massive difference to your life. Who doesn't feel better when they feel like they look good? And who doesn't love the opportunity to seriously get decked out every now and then?

That's why I love the Met Gala! It hosts, possibly, the most dramatic and artistic red carpet of the year. The Gala, held every year, is a fund-raiser; this year, raising money for the Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute - a newly renovated component of The Metropolitan Museum of Art. As the name would suggest, the dress code for the event is supposed to be show-stopping and extravagant. This year's gala was held yesterday (Cinco de Mayo!) and you can see many of the dresses worn to this year's gala here. Below are some of my favourites. 






















Oh, how I just want one night to wear a big, floofy dress! What are your favourites? Does anyone have any fancy events coming up? If you do, check out Rent the Runway. I'm dying to try it out when I'm back in the States!

xo,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. :)